A Horizontal Carousel is an automated storage and retrieval system consisting of a series of shelving sections (bins) mounted on a horizontal, closed-loop oval track. When activated, the bins rotate to bring requested items to the operator or automated picker.
Fitting the unique material handling needs of manufacturers and distributors, Horizontal Carousels enable a relatively large inventory to be directed to a picker at one fixed location. Advanced technology enables the operator to quickly find the active carousel, shelf level, and quantity of items needed, thus, vastly improving picking productivity and accuracy. By eliminating walking and searching, horizontal carousels produce a more efficient “parts to picker” instead of “picker to parts” workflow.
Horizontal Carousel Benefits
- Save 50% of floorspace compared to static shelving
- Flexible design provides easily adjustable shelf levels
- Reduces labor by up to 2/3
- Workstation designs can be easily moved or changed
- Extend order cut-off times
- Allows for easy batch picking
- Improves productivity
- Fast ROI (Return On Investment)